Monday 14 July 2008

in the name of beauty...

Welcome to this, the first post on our blog! Primary reason for starting it? Other interactive sites (I won't name any names, you and I know what they are) don't allow for anonymous comments. Why, you ask, would we want that? Read on...

Piece By Piece Company (aka Berit and Despina, plus various other lovely people) are back in action! We're in the beginning stages of creating a new piece (unnamed as yet) and we need your help! Here's the deal:

As women, we have various habits - or rituals - that we go through daily, or regularly in the name of beauty (or health and fitness, or losing weight etc.) Some are generally widespread, e.g. plucking eyebrows, putting on make up, or shaving legs/bikini line, and some are less so (does anyone remember the Sex and the City episode when Charlotte wanted privacy so she could look at her pores through the magnifier?).

What we'd like is to hear from all you women out there about what your rituals are. Sincerity is key - hence the option to stay anonymous. We would like anything from a couple of sentences to a paragraph, and just keep it simple and descriptive (e.g. "Every morning before breakfast I run 6 times up and down the stairs, and then drink 5 glasses of water. I then have 20g of bran flakes with 175ml of milk and two and a quarter strawberries.")

Men are welcome to contribute, either by sharing an outsider's observation of such rituals or by pointing women from family, friends or colleagues to this blog.

We will keep you updated on the progress of the piece!

xxx
Despina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I think I must be a bit weird because I don't really have any.
I brush my teeth, have a bath, deodrant, moistrise, get dressed.
Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Every morning I have quick body wash, without soap cos i have sensitive skin, put on body lotion (for the dry skin) and put this weird lotion on my bikini line to prevent in- growing hairs, its bit odd but has to be done if you get waxed. It really alcohol smelling and not very beautiful but has to be done religiously morning and night.
I then get dressed and eat breakfast (always). Then brush teeth and put on sun lotion and perfume.

Anonymous said...

I got nipple hair at puberty. Its the fastest growing hair on my body. Its such a pain because it has to be plucked if there's ANY chance you could sleep with someone. I've even turned someone down because I didn't pluck, but said it was because I was shy!

Anonymous said...

My hair is curly and quite dry, so I never blowdry it. Instead, I wash with a mild shampoo (one wash and rinse only, 3-4 days) and then rub in a lot of rich conditioner and wrap a towel around my head while I get on with the rest of my morning business.

I make coffee, eat breakfast and catch up with my emails, all with the towel wrapped around my head and the conditioner soaking in, then I rinse off in cool water and leave my hair to dry naturally.

I swear, I swear, this makes my hair soft and shiny! And if the conditioner doesn't, the self-belief does.

Share