Friday 27 February 2015

A little update

The more observant amongst you all will have noticed that there have been no updates for over two years on this page and over a year on the Facebook page. The reason is as old as humankind - I took time off dance to have a baby.

Having got my MA in Choreography with Merit in the beginning of 2013, I then had to put any and all dance related plans to one side soon after. I now have a happy, healthy 14 month old and have returned to work. Before Christmas I spent some time working in Clarence Mews, as part of the Creative Space 10 week programme. This was strictly research, getting to terms with the changes in my body post-pregnancy and how this affected the way I move.

Back in September I had the opportunity to work on a fantastic project called Spotlight Drama, in my hometown of Nicosia, Cyprus. Following two months of workshops in dance, drama, art and physical theatre, a devised performance piece was created and performed by a mixed, multiethnic group at the first Buffer Fringe Festival organised by Home for Cooperation. Here's a video with some clips from my workshop:



No comments:

Share